Meech launches its most powerful ionising bar
Posted: Wednesday 06th July 2016
Meech International has further enhanced its highly successful Hyperion range of anti-static systems with the launch of the Hyperion 971IPS-30 extra long range pulsed DC ionising bar. Ideal for applications in a number of industries, including plastics and packaging, the 971IPS-30 is the most powerful ionising bar in the Hyperion range and will be on display for the first time at FachPack (Hall 3 – 3-427, Nuremberg 27th – 29th September, 2016) and the K Trade Fair (Hall 11 – B60, Messe Düsseldorf, 19th – 26th October, 2016).
“We value the insight and feedback regularly provided by our customers, and we have recently noticed an increased demand for longer range ionisation in certain applications. Ultimately, this is what led to our decision to upgrade the Hyperion 971IPS bar” explains David Rogers, Technical Director at Meech International. “The new 971IPS-30 is powered by a +/- 30kV 24V DC Integrated Power Supply (IPS), which effectively makes it the most powerful bar we have launched to date.”
With an operating working distance of 200 to 1500mm, the 971IPS-30 suits very long-range applications, such as large diameter rewinds and turret winders in the plastics sector. As with the previous version of the bar, the 24V DC supply removes the need for high voltage wiring.
Meech’s Ion Current Monitoring (ICM) technology ensures the performance of the bar is maintained with the aid of local and remote alerts, which indicate when the bar needs cleaning. The titanium emitters’ design allows them to be easily cleaned in situ and replaced when required, therefore preserving the 971IPS-30’s high quality performance over lengthy periods of time. The Hyperion BarMaster Remote Programmer can also be used to adjust the frequency and balance of the bar, optimising it for any application.
“Meech is committed to delivering ionising systems that meet and even exceed customer demands,” concludes David. “The 971IPS-30 is the latest enhancement that delivers on that promise and showcases our ability to adapt to sector requirements.”
Available immediately, the Hyperion 971IPS-30 will be on display on the Meech stand at FachPack (Hall 3 – 3-427, Nuremberg 27th – 29th September, 2016) and the K Trade Fair (Hall 11 – B60, Messe Düsseldorf, 19th – 26th October, 2016).
- Support for Meech Australia at Static HNH
- Meech answers customer needs - Print Monthly Article
- Meech exhibit static control and web cleaning at Textiles show
- Increasing Productivity and Reducing Downtime with the right Web Cleaning Solution
- Coating Applications tackles static on its production lines with Meech’s 915EX AC bars
- Meech showcase CyClean at Focus Label open day
- Meech invests in global expansion
- Meech International showcase their Static Control and Web Cleaning expertise at the Xeikon Café
- Scapa eliminates static issues on its rewind equipment with Meechs Hyperion 971IPS bars
- Meech attend Plastivision, India