Meech launches new Hyperion bar for static control applications
Posted: Thursday 30th July 2015
Meech International has further expanded its successful Hyperion range of static control systems with the launch of the 924IPS, a compact, short-range pulsed DC ionising bar. Suitable for use in a variety of sectors, including print, packaging, converting and labelling, the bar will be exhibited for the first time at Labelexpo Europe ’15.
“Meech has always taken pride in its ability to be flexible and respond rapidly to change, which is why we felt the need to add a new bar to our range of anti-static systems,” explains David Rogers, Technical Director at Meech. “Traditionally, short-range applications have been tackled using AC ionising bars, but it is a fact that 24V DC is increasingly becoming the normal supply voltage for ancillary equipment on machinery.”
He continues: “As a result, the Hyperion 924IPS is the first, purpose built, industrial 24V pulsed DC bar for short range applications. It works as a ready alternative to traditional AC bars.”
At 32mm high, the 924IPS is the most compact pulsed DC bar available on the market, which make it suitable for installation in challenging positions that would normally require an AC bar. The system employs the same 4 pin M8 connector and shockless titanium emitter pins as other Hyperion bars, while also having an IP rating of 66, making the bar suitable for use in harsh environments.
David goes on to elaborate on some of the system’s other key features: “The 924IPS is the first of our bars to feature adjustable output voltage, which is useful in particularly sensitive applications, such as RFID, and gives complete control over the output. Similar to other Meech Hyperion bars, we have incorporated a ‘clean pins’ alert into the design of the 924 IPS. This is a vital feature, pioneered by Meech. An LED will illuminate either green or flashing red depending on the cleanliness of the bar, which in turn helps the user determine whether good ionisation performance is being achieved.”
He concludes: “A lot of time and research has been spent on developing the 924IPS, which is why we look forward to customer response and seeing how well the bar will perform across Meech’s key sectors.”
Available immediately, the Hyperion 924IPS will be on display on the Meech stand (6C34) at Labelexpo Europe, Brussels Expo from September 28th to October 2nd, 2015.
- Support for Meech Australia at Static HNH
- Meech answers customer needs - Print Monthly Article
- Meech exhibit static control and web cleaning at Textiles show
- Increasing Productivity and Reducing Downtime with the right Web Cleaning Solution
- Coating Applications tackles static on its production lines with Meech’s 915EX AC bars
- Meech showcase CyClean at Focus Label open day
- Meech invests in global expansion
- Meech International showcase their Static Control and Web Cleaning expertise at the Xeikon Café
- Scapa eliminates static issues on its rewind equipment with Meechs Hyperion 971IPS bars
- Meech attend Plastivision, India