Meech steps into Roger Bannister's shoes to raise charitable funds
Posted: Tuesday 29th July 2014
Meech International was one of 18 companies that volunteered a team of five competitors for ‘The Olympic Challenge’, a specially organised sports day held 17 July to raise charitable funds for the Oxfordshire High Sheriff’s Challenge.
‘Team Meech’ competed at the Roger Bannister stadium in Oxford, giving their all in a series of sports events, which ranged from archery, shot putt, baton relay, 1500 metres rowing, basketball, standing long jump, a swimming relay, to a 1500 metre run and welly wanging.
Chris Francis, CEO of Meech International, who attended the event said, “It was a great day out on behalf of a worthwhile cause. We had stiff competition but this did not diminish the competitive spirit of Team Meech, who were up for every challenge. Raising funds is important but equally important is reinforcing the collaborative efforts of local companies to help young people to find jobs and return to education.”
Meech, which has its headquarters in Witney near Oxford, formed the Meech Centenary Trust at the end of 2013 to help raise funds for local charitable organisations and community groups that support young people between the ages of 15 -25 including individuals with disabilities, to find work or get back into education in and around West Oxfordshire.
The Meech Centenary Trust is managed by the Oxford-based Oxfordshire Community Foundation (OCF), an accredited Registered Charity recognised as a leader in endowment building, philanthropy and local grant making.
OCF’s Chief Executive Jayne Woodley commented, ‘After many months of organising the challenge with the High Sheriff, it was great to see it finally come to life. Team Meech put their heart and soul into every event and on what turned out to be an extremely hot day, they fared very well indeed. We’re delighted to have their support as it really does make a difference to the lives of the young people we want to help.”
- Meech answers customer needs - Print Monthly Article
- Meech exhibit static control and web cleaning at Textiles show
- Increasing Productivity and Reducing Downtime with the right Web Cleaning Solution
- Coating Applications tackles static on its production lines with Meech’s 915EX AC bars
- Meech showcase CyClean at Focus Label open day
- Meech invests in global expansion
- Meech International showcase their Static Control and Web Cleaning expertise at the Xeikon Café
- Scapa eliminates static issues on its rewind equipment with Meechs Hyperion 971IPS bars
- Meech attend Plastivision, India
- Comparison of 915 Anti-Static Bar turned 'Off' and 'On'