Posted: Monday 06th October 2014
Matt Fyffe, VP/General Manager, Meech USA
1) What are the latest innovations introduced by Meech in static control?
We recently launched at Labelexpo Americas ’14 a new distance sensor and feedback system, a couple of new enhancements to Meech’s Hyperion range of static control systems. These add-ons have been designed to be compatible with the 971IPS and 929IPS bars and help monitor static with greater precision in a variety of applications, including converting, labelling and packaging.
2) What does the new product help solve?
The Distance Sensor is to be used in combination with Meech’s 971IPS static elimination bar, which is employed for long range ionisation. The sensor’s main function is to enable a change in frequency when the distance to the static surface is either increased or decreased. This means that the sensor will adjust the neutralisation according to the varying distance of the static surface.
The feedback system instead provides high accuracy static control in production environments with the ability to output the voltage level for remote monitoring. By connecting an industry standard remote voltage sensor and positioning it over the web, a closed-loop feedback circuit is created. The output of the sensor informs the Hyperion bar whether more positive or negative ions are required to obtain a complete and accurate neutralisation of all charges on the material.
3) Who is the ideal customer for this product/series of products?
Both enhancements can be employed in a wide variety of sectors, but they are probably best suited for printers and flexible packaging converters, where quality control is a top priority. It is vital to ensure that the level of static on webs is kept to a minimum, especially the ones entering potentially hazardous areas, in order to avoid the risk of igniting solvents. While our static bars can do this quite reliably, Meech has taken this technology to a more advanced level in order to achieve higher levels of neutralisation.
- Meech products displayed across Labelexpo Europe 2017
- Meech displays Static Control and Web Cleaning solutions at Labelexpo Europe 2017
- Meech Australia attend Static HNH
- Support for Meech Australia at Static HNH
- Meech teams up with the Oxfordshire Community Foundation to support local charities
- Milacron's Uniloy product brand installs Meech's 929IPS DC bars on blow moulding machines
- Meech answers customer needs - Print Monthly Article
- Meech exhibit static control and web cleaning at Textiles show
- Increasing Productivity and Reducing Downtime with the right Web Cleaning Solution
- ICE Europe converting industry static control and web cleaning needs