Meech introduces new 906 and 907 power supply units
Posted: Monday 21st September 2015
Meech International has launched the 906 and 907 high voltage power supplies as part of the company’s Hyperion range of static electricity control equipment. The new systems will be displayed for the first time on the Meech stand (6C34), at Labelexpo Europe ’15 in Brussels.
“These units were designed for an input voltage of 24V DC and provide up to 7kV AC to drive Meech AC ionising equipment,” explains David Rogers, Technical Director at Meech. “24V DC is increasingly becoming the standard for ancillary equipment and the 906 and 907’s ability to accommodate multiple bar installations is likely to appeal to OEMs and multinationals requiring static control solutions.”
Compatibility with Meech’s Hyperion BarMaster Programmer allows the output voltage to be adjusted, so that a single 906 unit can cover multiple static control applications. Balance adjustment is also a feature, enabling +/- 500V adjustment on the system, therefore allowing the removal of natural voltage bias that is usually encountered with AC systems. This makes the 906 suitable for voltage devices in specific industries, such as the electronics sector.
The 907 instead is a version of the same unit, but with some additional features. As well as including adjustable balance, this system features spark detection and performance monitoring options. A “clean pin” alert will flash red when the attached bars require cleaning, whereas it will glow solid green whenever the power unit is on and performing to expectation. These features help prevent the build-up of contamination on the bars, as well as allow the operator to manage static on the production line more effectively.
Available immediately, both the 906 and 907 power supply units will be on display on the Meech stand (6C34) at Labelexpo Europe ‘15, Brussels Expo from September 29th to October 2nd, 2015.
- Meech International Wins 2019 Queen's Award for Enterprise - International Trade
- Meech Previews new static generators and Static Bar at ICE Europe 2019
- Sussex IM Meech Case Study
- Meech at ICE 2019
- Innovia Films solves Bopp film static issues
- IML IMD benefits from Meech static generation equipment
- Meech USA to relocate as part of business development plan
- Canadian-based manufacturer eliminate static Meech products
- Meech to present static control and web cleaning systems at All4Pack 2018
- Material-Plastik employs Meech Hyperion bars to remove static issues on plastic packaging