Meech opens Singapore office to support Southeast Asia operations
Posted: Monday 13th November 2017
UK-based Meech Static Eliminators has established an office in Singapore to provide local support to its distributors and increase sales of its web cleaning, static control and MAT (Meech Air Technology) systems in Southeast Asia. Meech has appointed Melvyn Chan as Sales and Operations Director to drive sales and manage operations across the region.
Meech International (Singapore) Pte. Ltd’s office, which opened on 1st November 2017, will support sales in the following territories: Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia, and Brunei.
“As reflected in our international sales, Meech has identified substantial growth in the region over the past few years and we are eager to support areas across the globe that are showing real potential – Southeast Asia being one,” says Chris Francis, CEO of Meech Static Eliminators. “We have worked alongside distributors in these territories for many years and we believe now is the right time to capitalise on the growth in the region and offer these distributors a greater support network.”
Melvyn Chan is the ideal choice for heading up Meech’s new division, having spent over twelve years working for a local distributor. Chan has extensive knowledge of the plastics, packaging, print and converting industries, among others.
Speaking about Chan’s appointment, Francis adds: “Melvyn’s knowledge of Meech’s products and the markets in this region will prove invaluable as he takes on this new role. After many years supporting us as an accomplished distributor throughout Malaysia and Singapore, we’re delighted to welcome him to the team and I’m sure he will help deliver profitable and successful results.”
Melvyn Chan says: “It is a great pleasure to be taking on the role of Sales and Operations Director for Meech Singapore. This is an exciting opportunity to work at a company that continues to expand into new sectors across the globe. Southeast Asia is an emerging market in a developing part of the world, which means that a strategically located office will facilitate Meech to deliver the technologies and product ranges that are sought after in the region. This plan is in line with Meech’s vision and mission of being the leading ‘global partner for static control, web cleaning and air technology’.”
- Coronavirus Update
- Pincroft Reflects On More Than Three Years Of Partnership With Meech Web Cleaning Systems
- Meech Products At Fachpack 2019
- Meech Newest Products At K 2019
- Oxfordshire Deputy Lieutenant Presents Meech International with 2019 Queen's Award
- Meech's Energy Saving Air Technology Reduces Waste and Boosts Production Efficiencies for Paul Norman Plastics
- Meech to showcase new non-contact web cleaner, static generators and mid-range ionising bar at Labelexpo Europe 2019
- Meech ITMA debut
- Meech International Wins 2019 Queen's Award for Enterprise - International Trade
- Meech Previews new static generators and Static Bar at ICE Europe 2019