Posted: Monday 06th October 2014
Matt Fyffe, VP/General Manager, Meech USA
1) What are the latest innovations introduced by Meech in static control?
We recently launched at Labelexpo Americas ’14 a new distance sensor and feedback system, a couple of new enhancements to Meech’s Hyperion range of static control systems. These add-ons have been designed to be compatible with the 971IPS and 929IPS bars and help monitor static with greater precision in a variety of applications, including converting, labelling and packaging.
2) What does the new product help solve?
The Distance Sensor is to be used in combination with Meech’s 971IPS static elimination bar, which is employed for long range ionisation. The sensor’s main function is to enable a change in frequency when the distance to the static surface is either increased or decreased. This means that the sensor will adjust the neutralisation according to the varying distance of the static surface.
The feedback system instead provides high accuracy static control in production environments with the ability to output the voltage level for remote monitoring. By connecting an industry standard remote voltage sensor and positioning it over the web, a closed-loop feedback circuit is created. The output of the sensor informs the Hyperion bar whether more positive or negative ions are required to obtain a complete and accurate neutralisation of all charges on the material.
3) Who is the ideal customer for this product/series of products?
Both enhancements can be employed in a wide variety of sectors, but they are probably best suited for printers and flexible packaging converters, where quality control is a top priority. It is vital to ensure that the level of static on webs is kept to a minimum, especially the ones entering potentially hazardous areas, in order to avoid the risk of igniting solvents. While our static bars can do this quite reliably, Meech has taken this technology to a more advanced level in order to achieve higher levels of neutralisation.
- Pincroft Reflects On More Than Three Years Of Partnership With Meech Web Cleaning Systems
- Meech Products At Fachpack 2019
- Meech Newest Products At K 2019
- Oxfordshire Deputy Lieutenant Presents Meech International with 2019 Queen's Award
- Meech's Energy Saving Air Technology Reduces Waste and Boosts Production Efficiencies for Paul Norman Plastics
- Meech to showcase new non-contact web cleaner, static generators and mid-range ionising bar at Labelexpo Europe 2019
- Meech ITMA debut
- Meech International Wins 2019 Queen's Award for Enterprise - International Trade
- Meech Previews new static generators and Static Bar at ICE Europe 2019
- Sussex IM Meech Case Study